Dave Gray, Ec.D., Director of Economic Development
ACED COVID-19 Web Page:
To serve our businesses throughout the region during the COVID-19 crises, the Almaguin Community Economic Development (ACED) Team has developed a COVID-19 specific web page that is dedicated to providing easy access to financial support programs, best practices and other resources. Visit their website for additional information: https://investalmaguin.ca/covid-19/.
ACED has also launched the Stay Home – Support Local campaign on the Shop in Almaguin Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ShopAlmaguin/. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
Participate in the ACED: COVID-19 & Local Businesses Survey
Other Business Resources during COVID-19:
Province of Ontario: covid-19.ontario.ca
- Stop the Spread Business Information Line: 1-888-444-3659
- Does Your Business Have Supplies & Innovative Ideas? Visit Ontario Together for information on how you can help.
- List of Essential Workplaces
Government of Canada:
- Canadian Survey on Business Conditions (closes April 14, 2020). Visit Statistics Canada website for more information. To participate in the survey, click here.
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers Program. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Visit the Government of Canada website for more information and application details.
- Canada Emergency Business Account. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Destination Canada provides intelligence, tools, and resources to help the Canadian tourism industry reach international markets. Visit their website for more information. Sign up for their Newsletter to keep up-to-date on information.
- Tourism HR Canada is currently offering free online training. Visit their website for more information.
- NGEN – Next Generation Manufacturing Canada: Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen) will invest $50 million in Supercluster funding to support companies as they rapidly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products, and therapeutics. For more information, visit their website.
- NRC: The National Research Council (NRC) has been tasked by Government to build a COVID-19 Challenge Program which will bring together a national network of researchers and scientific facilities to address pressing needs and challenges. For more information, visit their website.
- RTO12 (Explorer’s Edge) Weekly Webinar Series re: Tourism Operators & COVID-19
- (Organizer: bdc) How to Cope with the Impacts of COVID-19 on your Business