Please refer to the Fire Hazard Rating Explanation Sheet for description.
Burning Guidelines for the Township of Perry
Getting Ready-Ensure that:
You have an ample supply of water at the ready sufficient to control the fire, a responsible person is always attending a constantly burning fire until the fire is out, be respectful to your neighbours when burning.
Do Not Burn:
- within 15 metres of a structure or vehicle;
- under windy conditions or in a manner which limits the visibility of a motorist to a distance less than 150 metres;
- within 2 metres of flammable materials;
- within 5 metres of any forest;
- in a yard incinerator unless enclosed and covered by a heavy steel screen mesh with openings less than 5 millimetres.
- Small fires for warmth and cooking are permitted on all properties in the Township of Perry subject to all of the following:
- maximum size 30cm (18 inches) in diameter and/or 60 cm (24 inches) in height;
- fire can only be used for warmth and/or cooking. Burning debris is not permitted;
OWNER MUST COMPLY: Every owner shall comply with every direction of the Chief Fire Official or his designate, the Municipal By-Law Enforcement Officer and immediately cease any action prohibited. For the purpose of this by-law, all officers mentioned above may enter upon any lands.
PENALTY: Every person who contravenes any provision of this by-law is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine as provided for in the Provincial Offences Act.