EXTREME – TOTAL FIRE BAN
The Province of Ontario has placed a Restricted Fire Zone for our area. Please follow this link showing the restricted fire zone map in Ontario.
The Township of Perry will not be lifting the extreme fire rating until the Province amends the fire zone.
Burning Guidelines for the Township of Perry
Getting Ready-Ensure that:
You have an ample supply of water at the ready sufficient to control the fire, a responsible person is always attending a constantly burning fire until the fire is out, be respectful to your neighbours when burning.
Do Not Burn:
- within 15 metres of a structure or vehicle;
- under windy conditions or in a manner which limits the visibility of a motorist to a distance less than 150 metres;
- within 2 metres of flammable materials;
- within 5 metres of any forest;
- in a yard incinerator unless enclosed and covered by a heavy steel screen mesh with openings less than 5 millimetres.
- Small fires for warmth and cooking are permitted on all properties in the Township of Perry subject to all of the following:
- maximum size 30cm (18 inches) in diameter and/or 60 cm (24 inches) in height;
- fire can only be used for warmth and/or cooking. Burning debris is not permitted;
OWNER MUST COMPLY: Every owner shall comply with every direction of the Chief Fire Official or his designate, the Municipal By-Law Enforcement Officer and immediately cease any action prohibited. For the purpose of this by-law, all officers mentioned above may enter upon any lands.
PENALTY: Every person who contravenes any provision of this by-law is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine as provided for in the Provincial Offences Act.