Are You Wildfire Ready?
With wildfires taking place across the country, it’s important to be prepared. All of Almaguin Highlands remain under a total fire ban and a Provincial restricted fire zone.
Be prepared for any situation.
- Prepare, update and practice your emergency plan and ensure everyone in your household is included;
- Have a 72-hour emergency kit ready with the essentials needed to sustain you and your family for at least three days;
- Test smoke alarms and make sure you have one on every level of your home and outside of all sleeping areas;
- Remove any fire hazards in and around your home, such as dry branches, leaves and debris;
- Know how to turn off utilities;
- Make sure your vehicle has fuel at all times;
- Download and register for the Code Red Alert app for location-based emergency notifications; and
- Be informed of weather conditions, advisories and potentially triggering weather conditions.
With the fires currently taking place in northern Ontario and Quebec, conditions will appear hazy and you may smell smoke. You do not need to report these conditions to the Perry Township Fire Department.
If you see a column of heavy smoke or flames, call 9-1-1 immediately.