Dave Gray, Ec.D., Director of Economic Development
ACED COVID-19 Web Page:
To serve our businesses throughout the region during the COVID-19 crises, the Almaguin Community Economic Development (ACED) Team has developed a COVID-19 specific web page that is dedicated to providing easy access to financial support programs, best practices and other resources. Visit their website for additional information: https://investalmaguin.ca/covid-19/.
- ACED Survey: Almaguin Open For Business
- Digital Service Squad – Help to Small Businesses Online
- Sell Your Products Online – Helpful Resources
Other Business Resources during COVID-19:
Province of Ontario: covid-19.ontario.ca
- Stop the Spread Business Information Line: 1-888-444-3659
- Does Your Business Have Supplies & Innovative Ideas? Visit Ontario Together for information on how you can help.
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce: United Small Business Relief Fund: Applications Open August 31, 2020
- Post COVID-19 Professional Services Relief Program
- COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program – Small Business (CEAP-SB)
- Start a Summer Company: For Students
Government of Canada:
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers Program. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Visit the Government of Canada website for more information and application details.
- Canada Emergency Business Account. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Destination Canada provides intelligence, tools, and resources to help the Canadian tourism industry reach international markets. Visit their website for more information. Sign up for their Newsletter to keep up-to-date on information.
- Tourism HR Canada is currently offering free online training. Visit their website for more information.
- NGEN – Next Generation Manufacturing Canada: Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen) will invest $50 million in Supercluster funding to support companies as they rapidly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products, and therapeutics. For more information, visit their website.
- NRC: The National Research Council (NRC) has been tasked by Government to build a COVID-19 Challenge Program which will bring together a national network of researchers and scientific facilities to address pressing needs and challenges. For more information, visit their website.
- Canada Healthy Communities Initiative (COVID-19) will provide up to $31 million in existing federal funding to support communities as they deploy innovative new ways to adapt spaces and services to respond to immediate and ongoing needs arising from COVID-19 over the next two years. For more information, click here.
- RTO12 (Explorer’s Edge) Weekly Webinar Series re: Tourism Operators & COVID-19
- (Organizer: bdc) How to Cope with the Impacts of COVID-19 on your Business
- Almaguin Highlands Chamber of Commerce Reopening Kit
- bdc – In Business
- Tourism Excellence North
- Ministry of Energy, Northern Development, and Mines: Regional Economic Development Branch