Dave Gray, Ec.D., Director of Economic Development
ACED COVID-19 Web Page:
(September 21, 2020) NEW GRANT PROGRAM: Digital Main Street for Small Businesses (up to $2,500 Digital Transformation Grant). Click here for more information or visit ACED’s website. The deadline to apply is Monday, November 30, 2020.
To serve our businesses throughout the region during the COVID-19 crises, the Almaguin Community Economic Development (ACED) Team has developed a COVID-19 specific web page that is dedicated to providing easy access to financial support programs, best practices and other resources. Visit their website for additional information: https://investalmaguin.ca/covid-19/.
Other Business Resources during COVID-19:
Province of Ontario: covid-19.ontario.ca
- Stop the Spread Business Information Line: 1-888-444-3659
- Does Your Business Have Supplies & Innovative Ideas? Visit Ontario Together for information on how you can help.
- List of Essential Workplaces
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce: United Small Business Relief Fund: Applications Open August 31, 2020
- Post COVID-19 Professional Services Relief Program
- COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program – Small Business (CEAP-SB)
- Northern Ontario Recovery Program (NORP) & Funding – Applications Open Until December 31, 2020
- The Labour Market Group COVID-19 Business Recovery Survey
- Resilient Communities Fund (OTF) – Deadline: December 2, 2020
- Inclusive Community Grant Funding (Virtual Senior and Accessible Community Events) – Deadline: December 21, 2020
Government of Canada:
- COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers Program. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Visit the Government of Canada website for more information and application details.
- Canada Emergency Business Account. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
- Destination Canada provides intelligence, tools, and resources to help the Canadian tourism industry reach international markets. Visit their website for more information. Sign up for their Newsletter to keep up-to-date on information.
- Tourism HR Canada is currently offering free online training. Visit their website for more information.
- NGEN – Next Generation Manufacturing Canada: Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen) will invest $50 million in Supercluster funding to support companies as they rapidly respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by building a Canadian supply of essential equipment, products, and therapeutics. For more information, visit their website.
- NRC: The National Research Council (NRC) has been tasked by Government to build a COVID-19 Challenge Program which will bring together a national network of researchers and scientific facilities to address pressing needs and challenges. For more information, visit their website.
- Canada Healthy Communities Initiative (COVID-19) will provide up to $31 million in existing federal funding to support communities as they deploy innovative new ways to adapt spaces and services to respond to immediate and ongoing needs arising from COVID-19 over the next two years. For more information, click here.
- RTO12 (Explorer’s Edge) Weekly Webinar Series re: Tourism Operators & COVID-19
- (Organizer: bdc) How to Cope with the Impacts of COVID-19 on your Business
- Almaguin Highlands Chamber of Commerce Reopening Kit
- bdc – In Business
- Tourism Excellence North – ADAPT 2020: Webinar Series for Tourism
- Northern Ontario Tourism Training Week (Virtual Training Week) – November 23-27, 2020
- Ministry of Energy, Northern Development, and Mines: Regional Economic Development Branch