Phone: 705-636-5941   

Fax: 705-636-5759   

Monday – Friday:  8:30 am – 4:30 pm

Permits, Licenses & Applications

This page has been created as a one-stop for those needing permits or licences or other approvals that require applications or forms.

For the Roads Department to deposit surplus material (dirt, gravel, etc.) onto private property, this form must be reviewed by the Township.

The Council of the Township of Perry welcomes delegations and presentations to assist the municipality in making good decisions on behalf of the Community. For more information, contact the Clerk's Department or visit our Delegation Page.

How to Submit a Building Application

A building application can be submitted by:

  • email
  • mail to the Township of Perry municipal office address
  • drop off at the drop-box, located at the Township municipal office

Once the application has been received, the applicant will be notified as to the fee and how payment can be made.

It is recommended that you contact and schedule an appointment with the Chief Building Official prior to submitting your building permit application or with any building inquiries. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (705) 636-5941.

For information on septic permit applications, contact the North Bay Mattawa Conservation Authority at 705-474-5420.

The Township of Perry does not issue Septic Permits.

For additional information on renting one of our facilities, please Contact Us or visit our Community Centre Rentals page.

For events with the service or consumption of alcohol, a Special Occasion Permit is required. The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (ACGO) governs and manages Special Occasion Permits (“liquor licences”) for Private and Public Events. Visit their website for information on how to obtain a Special Occasion Permit.

The Township has staff that are appointed Commissioners for taking Affidavits. They may take affidavits and administer other legal oaths, affirmations or declarations within their jurisdiction. Visit our Clerk-Administration page for information on commissioning documents.

Note: The Township of Perry does not have a Notary Public on staff.

Civic Addressing, also known as the blue 9-1-1 address blade, is primarily in place to help emergency services located properties. Addresses are subsequently referenced for mail, phone service, etc. Note: Civic Address Numbers will not be assigned to vacant land. A valid building permit must be issued prior to the release of a civic address 9-1-1 number blade.

Every dog within the Township is to be licenced. Licensing your dog will help enable the By-law Officer and/or the Ontario SPCA to notify you so you may recover your pet should your pet be impounded as a result of being found at large or trespassing on the property of others.

We recognize the many benefits that various groups, organizations, volunteers, and events within the Township provide by promoting and improving upon the cultural, social, and economic well-being of the community.

Prior to installing a driveway onto your property, you must receive approval from the Township.

The Township does not issue permits for campfires. Please review the regulations on our Fire Services Page to ensure that safe burning practices are carried out and to view the current Fire Rating.

An application for a Licence of Occupation permits for structures (e.g. dock, boathouse, etc.) to be located on the Township-owned shore road allowance. For more information, visit our Land Use Planning Page

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (ACGO) governs and manages liquor licensing.

The Township of Perry does not issue Marriage Licences. Please contact the Town of Huntsville for information on obtaining a Marriage Licence.

Should you have any questions, please visit our Land Use Planning page or Contact us.

It is recommended that you contact and schedule an appointment with the Clerk-Administrator, who oversees Planning in the Township, prior to submitting your planning application or with any planning inquiries. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (705) 636-5941.

Dividing land requires approval from the Township and the South East Parry Sound District Planning Board.

Creating a Plan of Subdivision requires approval from the Township and the South East Parry Sound District Planning Board.

If you want to use or develop your property that does not comply with the existing Comprehensive Zoning By-law.

Site plan control applies to construction, development, and redevelopment on certain lands within the Township.

For more information on purchasing the 66’ original shore road allowance abutting your lake front property, visit our Land Use Planning Page.

For information about purchasing original road allowance within the Township, please submit your inquiry in writing by email or by regular mail.

Please visit our Request for Service Page to complete your form and submit to the Township.

Permits are required for the placement of Signs and Advertising Devices regulated by the Sign By-law.

Special Occasion Certificates from the Mayor may be requested for birthdays, wedding anniversaries and other types of special events.

Please submit your request in writing at least two (2) weeks prior to the special occasion to the Clerk’s Department and include the following information:

  • Name of individual(s) to receive the certificate;
  • Reason for requesting special occasion certificate;
  • Date of the special occasion;
  • Your name and contact information so that pick-up arrangements can be made.